Sr. Health, Safety & Environmental Specialist
General Summary: Ensure regulatory and policy environmental and safety requirements met through proper design, implementation, monitoring and maintenance of systems. Manage safety and environmental programs as assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create and coordinate implementation of safety and environmental programs for business unit based on corporate and regulatory requirements
- Lead and participate in incident investigation, root cause analysis, assist in the formulation of corrective actions and drive corrective actions to closure.
- Prepare and present reports to senior management.
- Develop safety and environmental procedures
- Data collection and analysis
- Interpret, communicate and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Develop HSE training materials and deliver both classroom and OJT safety training
- Manage various HSE programs and projects
- Develop and approve plans and permits for onsite projects
- Seek to continuously improve HSE policies and programs
Strong verbal and written communications skills.
Strong leadership skills. Ability to coordinate complex programs. Ability to manage people without direct supervisory authority.
As with all positions, will have responsibility for the following:
Safety and Environmental:
Incident Investigations and Corrective Actions
Safety/Environmental Regulations and Practices
Waste and Wastewater Management
Operations and Maintenance of Equipment
Promotion of product quality and attainment of customer satisfaction by supporting plant quality objectives.
Supports and actively participates in continuous improvement activities and applies Lean principles in efforts to reduce variation in our products and our processes.
Must be able to be respirator certified. Must have hand dexterity at moderate speed with accuracy for half of each day. Requires steady, active effort and continuous walking. Must be able to lift 15 lbs. on a regular basis. Must be able to work in all areas of the plan
TRW Mesa Operations screening process includes a substance abuse screening test, ATF lifetime background check, and verification of eligibility for employment.
U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident Status Required
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
Apply: Click here