PSSI – Safety Manager
Department: PSSI Safety Department
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Salary
Reports To: Regional Safety Manager
Work Schedule: Varies by location
Amount of Travel Required: 0-10% required
Positions Supervised: No direct reports
This position is responsible for compliance with PSSI’s safety procedures in the plant. This team member must know, understand, and be able to communicate PSSI’s safely policies and practices to team members, and train and re-train team members on proper safety practices. Must be good at identifying and eliminating hazards in the work place.
To be qualified to perform an In-Plant Safety Managers job, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Ensure PSSI operations comply with all PSSI company policies and procedures and customer requirements.
- Implement and maintain safety policies and procedures.
- Follow Area Management, Division Managements, VP, and Technical Services directives regarding issues related to Safety, Health, and Environmental. Maintain regular communication with Safety and Technical Services team.
- Report all accidents and first aids following established accident and first aid reporting SOP. This includes reporting “caught-in” type accidents following established protocol.
- Perform investigations at the plant level as needed. This includes but is not limited to severe injuries, OSHA complaints, and when necessary to assist other PSSI departments. Make sure all investigations are followed up with and an action plan is implemented successfully.
- Perform weekly safety audits, assist operations with corrective actions, and report findings by email to appropriate PSSI management.
- Maintain regular communication with Regional Safety Manager.
JOB PERFORMANCE MEASURES
This position requires compliance with company policies and procedures. Specific goals and expectations will be established on an annual basis and continually measured in the following categories:
- Regularly scheduled and completed safety training
- Improvements in Safety awareness and training consistency
- Improvements in safety performance metrics and knowledge of management and team members
- Overall implementation of action plans, follow-up, and resolution of safety issues
QUALIFICATIONS-EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety related field or equivalent job experience