Environmental Safety and Emergency Management Coordinator
Gila River Health Care is currently recruiting for an Environmental Safety and Emergency Management Coordinator. Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Visits and performs assessments to evaluate all GRHC properties/campuses/departments within the organization and provide feedback, reports and guidance to mitigate, reduce, or eliminate risks to people and property.
- Responsible for the Hazard Communication Program including the process for Selection, Storing, Inventorying, Handling, and Disposal of hazardous materials, Managing and Monitoring hazardous gases and vapors, Safety Data Sheet Management, and all related staff training.
- Responsible for the planning and logistics of a variety of training courses related to Emergency Preparedness, Hospital Incident Command System, Environmental Safety practices, Fire and Risk prevention, and Hazard Communication.
- Schedules, conducts, and evaluates fire drills across all GRHC campuses and reports any deficiencies and gives recommendations to Management.
- Oversees the Safe Patient Handling Program from an Environmental Safety perspective. Works in collaboration with clinical staff to identify risks and recommend solutions per GRHC policy.
- Assist in the planning, execution, and evaluation of a variety of emergency and disaster preparedness drills for all locations.
- Participates productively in State, County, Tribal, and surrounding area healthcare system partner discussions and initiatives with the objective of developing meaningful risk reduction methods for the organization.
- Provides educational or informational presentations to outside agencies as requested.
- Maintains continually updated knowledge of all Environmental Safety and Emergency Management subjects, regulations and solutions as they relate to healthcare services and environments by participating in a variety of department, hospital, and professional meetings and educational programs through both local and out-of-state travel opportunities.
- Provides guidance to staff members regarding Life Safety Code and Joint Commission standards and related subjects.
To review the entire job description or to apply, click here.